Boulder, CO • August 22, 2013—The days are getting shorter and soon leaves will begin changing color. Instead of despairing over summer’s demise, remember that America’s small and independent craft brewers have been preparing to reap the harvest of fall. In time for Halloween and football season, CraftBeer.com —the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers—released its list of fall seasonal craft beers produced by BA members.
“Autumn is a busy time of year for everyone, and American craft brewers are no exception,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and Brewers Association craft beer program director. “Small and independent brewers take advantage of the season’s offerings to create tasty and fuller bodied beers that reflect autumnal awesomeness. The flavor profiles fit with cooler weather and the ever-increasing demand for seasonally specific creations.”
The seasonal craft beers featured on CraftBeer.com include those with fall flavors such as caramel, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and of course, pumpkin.
Cozy up with some of these offerings:
· Arcadia Brewing Company | Jaw Jacker, Pumpkin-Spiced Ale | Battle Creek, MI
· Crazy Mountain Brewing Company | Sticky Fingers Fresh Hop Ale | Vail Valley, CO
· Crown Valley Brewery | Imperial Pumpkin Smash Stout | Genevieve, MO
· Deschutes Brewery | Chasin’ Freshies Fresh Hop IPA | Bend, OR
· Full Sail Brewing Company | LTD 07 Oktoberfest | Hood River, OR
· Grand Teton Brewing | Bone Warmer Imperial Amber Ale | Victor, ID
· Heavy Seas Brewery | GreatER Pumpkin | Baltimore, MD
· Hermitage Brewing Company | Fruit Crate Pumpkin Ale | San Jose, CA
· Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company | Me and the Dev-Ale | Kiln, MS
· Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co. | Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale | Lexington, KY
· Mayflower Brewing Company | Autumn Wheat Ale | Plymouth, MA
· Mother’s Brewing Company | Old School Oktoberfest | Springfield, MO
· Starr Hill Brewery | Boxcarr, Pumpkin Porter | Crozet, VA
· Wasatch Beerston | Wasatch Pumpkin Ale | Park City, UT
Read CraftBeer.com’s “Flavors of Fall: Craft Beer’s Latest Seasonal Releases” for the full list of craft beer fall seasonal selections and descriptions, and to round out the experience consider a tour of your local craft brewery.